£485.00 (£582.00 inc VAT)
Join the NICEIC Approved Contractor Scheme. Our Approved Contractor scheme is for any electrical installation business.
Our Approved Contractor scheme is for any electrical installation business.
Our Approved Contractor scheme is for electrical contractors undertaking design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of electrical installations to BS 7671.
The scheme covers:
• electricians working on commercial and industrial installations
• electricians working on domestic installations
• electrical installation condition reporting (testing, inspection, PIRs)
• street lighting installers
• security systems installers
• any other activity covered by BS 7671
To apply for the Approved Contractor Scheme, you will need the following:
• Your business to have recently undertaken electrical installation work
• Appoint an appropriate person as a Principal Duty Holder and nominate one or more Qualified Supervisors.
• Have premises and equipment appropriate to the range and scale of electrical work you undertake, including test instruments suitable for carrying out the range of tests required by BS 7671
• Records of the ongoing accuracy and consistency of test equipment used for certification and reporting purposes
• Hold current editions of BS 7671 and other technical reference documents relevant to the range and scale of electrical work you undertake
• Have work available for inspection that represents the electrical work you typically undertake. The work should comply with BS 7671 and relevant codes of practice, and must have been undertaken in the previous 12 months under your business' current trading title
• Hold at least £2 million Public Liability Insurance
• Maintain a record of any complaints made about the technical standard of electrical work carried out by your business, together with details of the remedial action taken
• Have a written Health and Safety Policy Statement and carry out risk assessments as appropriate
Further details of this scheme including details of the assessment, key documents and other general information can be found on niceic.com/join-us
Note: Once you have bought this item you will be contacted by our sales team in order to progress your application.