£1,125.00 (£1,350.00 inc VAT)
This 5 day course covers inspecting and testing of new and existing single and three-phase installations in line with the requirements of BS 7671.
This course will be running across various locations and dates.
Choose from one of the 8 events with open places below.Choose a venue from the list below
This 5 day course provides delegates with the knowledge and practical skills required to complete Electrical Installation Certificates or Minor Works Certificates for electrical installations before putting them into service.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
There are no formal entry requirements although it is aimed at experienced electricians and it is expected that candidates have experience of electrical installation work and a good understanding of electrical science and principles. Additionally, it is strongly recommended that candidates hold a qualification related to the latest edition of BS 7671 – Requirements for electrical installations (18th Edition).
Prior to attendance, those wishing to refresh their knowledge of inspection and testing should undertake some pre-reading of relevant parts of BS 7671 in particular:
- Chapter 64 – Initial verification
- Chapter 65 – Periodic inspection and testing
- Appendix 6 – Model forms for certification and reporting
Successful candidates will improve their skills and understanding of inspecting and testing of new and existing single and three-phase installations in line with the requirements of BS 7671 as well as the correct completion of certification and reporting to be able to demonstrate a much better understanding of initial verification and the periodic inspection and testing process.
• Statutory and non-statutory documents explained
• Safe isolation of single and three phase systems
• Types of electrical test equipment
• Documentation explained
• Minor Electrical Works Certificate
• Electrical Installation Certificate
• Schedule of items inspected
• Schedule of test results
• Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
• Electrical calculations Testing methods explained and practically demonstrated
• Results interpretation
• Code requirements for the EICR
• Safe Isolation | Single phase & Three phase
• Insulation resistance
• Earth electrode resistance
• Earth loop impedance
• Prospective fault current
• Prospective short circuit current
• Documentation completion
• EICR coding demonstration
On day 5 of the training the candidate will be sit the City & Guilds online examination.
Upon completion of your training and examination our team will make arrangements for your practical assessment to be completed.
Duration 5 Days Assessment Body City & Guilds Certificate type City & Guilds Accredited Certificate Related Courses Level 4 - Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations