£165.00 (£198.00 inc VAT)
Learn how to install electrical vehicle charging points in compliance with BS7671.
This course will be running across various locations and dates.
Choose from one of the 55 events with open places below.Choose a venue from the list below
Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly popular as consumers are looking for new ways to reduce rising fuel bills. Because of this, the demand for electric vehicle charging points is also increasing and this has opened up a lucrative new business opportunity for electrical contractors.
The course covers the installation of electric vehicle charging equipment (Mode 3) in accordance with the requirements of BS 7671:2018 + Amendment 2:2022 (Section 722 Electric Vehicles Charging Installations) and IET Code of Practice – Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (4th Edition). Information regarding certification and notification of installed work to relevant bodies is also included.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is aimed at electricians and electrical contracting businesses who are looking to understand the specific requirements relating to Section 722 of BS 7671. Whilst elements from across BS 7671 are included in this course, it is expected that those attending have a sound understanding of the wider requirements relating to the latest edition of the Standard which includes knowledge of circuit design, inspection, testing and certification.
The course will cover the requirements of BS 7671:2018 with particular focus on Section 722 ‘Electric vehicle Charging Installations’ and the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicles Charging Equipment Installation. An overview and signposting to the latest government grants and funding strategies will also be provided.
Successful delegates will have fundamental knowledge of the supply installation and protection requirements of electric vehicle charging points including:
• Correct selection and application of Residual Current Devices
• Technical requirements for installations utilising TN-C-S system earthing
• Considerations regarding use of TT system earthing
• Notification requirements (Inc. Distribution Network Operator)
• Commissioning requirements
▪ Modes of charging and connection
▪ Pre-installation considerations and surveying
▪ Meeting the requirements of BS 7671:2018 + Amendment No.2:2022 (Section 722)
▪ Awareness of IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (4th Edition)
▪ Commissioning and notification process ▪ Course assessment
For all schemes applicants MUST have:
- Proof of membership of the Electrician Associations (e.g. NICEIC/ECA/Select)
If you would like to enquire about any of our courses or ask us about our bespoke or inhouse training opportunities please complete our enquiry form, alternatively please call 0333 015 6626 to speak to a member of our sales team.
Assessment Body NICEIC Duration 1 Day