£625.00 (£750.00 inc VAT)
This qualification is aimed at practicing electricians to develop the skills and knowledge required to safely and competently install, commission and handover solar PV systems.
This course will be running across various locations and dates.
Choose from one of the 15 events with open places below.Choose a venue from the list below
This 4 day qualification in Solar Photovoltaic (PV) provides an understanding of PV systems with a view to applying for Competent Persons, Micro-Generation Scheme and/or Green Deal registration. The course is designed in accordance with the latest NOS/QCF criteria and MCS scheme requirements to provide the necessary skills for the design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and faultfinding of solar photovoltaic systems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The qualification has been designed for electricians who want to develop their knowledge and skills in the subject area and wish to use the qualification to progress to formal recognition of their competence via registration with an appropriate scheme.
Candidates must have an;
N/SVQ 3 in Electrical Installation or equivalent certification, and;
Level 3 Award to the current edition of BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations (if not included in the above).
This qualification focuses upon the competencies required to install (including testing and commissioning), and handover grid-connected solar PV systems with an electrical output of up to 5-kilowatt peak (kWp) connected to both single and three-phase installations.
• The new landscape - Distributed generation and the ‘Prosumer’
• An overview of key safety considerations, legislation and industry guidance
• The fundamental differences between AC and DC including voltage ranges, sources and specific risks
• System component selection
• Fundamental system design principles – including the requirements of BS 7671, Section 712
• Inspection, testing and commissioning
• Notification and handover - G98, G99
This qualification includes;
• Practical assessment (locally assessed, in simulated conditions), and;
• Multiple-choice on-screen exam (closed book and invigilated)
If you would like to enquire about any of our courses or ask us about our bespoke or inhouse training opportunities please complete our enquiry form, alternatively please call 0333 015 6626 to speak to a member of our sales team.
Fundamentals of Electrical Energy Storage Systems (EESS) Duration 4 Days