£450.00 (£540.00 inc VAT)
This 2/3 day course provides the necessary skills for the design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault-finding of solar thermal hot water systems.
No courses are available at this time. Please check back soon.
This 2 or 3 day course is designed for plumbing and heating engineers to provide the necessary skills for the design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault finding of solar thermal hot water systems in accordance with the latest NOS/QCF criteria and MCS scheme requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal for experienced plumbing and heating engineers looking to improve their knowledge and
understanding of solar thermal hot water systems with a view to applying for Competent Person/MCS/PAS 2030
To attend this course candidates must hold;
• A recognised competence in a conventional fuel i.e. gas, oil or solid fuel or;
• A relevant plumbing qualification such as an NVQ level 2 or equivalent experience
• A certificate of competence for the installation of unvented hot water systems
• A WRAS or WRUK approved Water Regulations qualification
• An Energy Efficiency qualification
The training and assessment have been designed to provide the necessary skills for the design, installation, testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault-finding of solar thermal hot water systems in accordance with the latest NOS/QCF criteria.
▪ Fundamental working principles
▪ Health & Safety risks and safe systems of work
▪ Purpose and operational characteristics of solar thermal hot water system components
▪ Preparatory work required for heat pump installations
▪ Requirements for connecting collector circuits to combination boiler domestic hot water circuits
▪ Planning, preparation, testing, commissioning and handover requirements for the installations of
‘active’ solar thermal hot water systems
▪ Requirements for routine service and maintenance
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our terms and conditions outline our cancellation and refund policy, please refer to these should you need to cancel or amend your booking.
On occasion we may need to cancel an assessment. In most cases we will give approximately 2 weeks' notice and offer an alternative date/location. Please consider this if booking travel/accommodation. We will not be liable for any loss of work or expenses incurred.
If you would like to enquire about any of our courses or ask us about our bespoke or inhouse training opportunities please complete our enquiry form, alternatively please call 0333 015 6626 to speak to a member of our sales team.
2 or 3 Days
NICEIC Certification Accredited Certificate Related Courses Solar PV