£195.00 (£234.00 inc VAT)
A one day course: Electrical Energy Storage - Fundamentals (EESS)
No courses are available at this time. Please check back soon.
This course has been designed to provide an introduction to Electrical Energy Storage Systems (EESS) and covers the installation of AC or DC coupled systems into low voltage installations. Such systems provide for the storage of electrical energy so that it can be used at a time when it is needed. This course covers the particular requirements of BS 7671 and reflects the guidance provided by the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is aimed at electricians, and those looking to gain a better understanding of Electrical Energy Storage Systems and the role they can play in supporting better use of energy.
This course explores the role of EESS in creating an ‘energy hub’ to allow users of installations to better manage energy usage within an installation. Installations with and without installed generation, for example Solar PV, are considered.
• The new landscape - Distributed generation and the ‘Prosumer’
• An overview of key safety considerations
• EESS components - An overview of EESS arrangements
• Design 1 - Considerations for system sizing
• Determining self-consumption of domestic solar PV installations - Installations with and without EESS
• Design 2 - Particular requirements of BS 7671 and IET CoP EESS
• Inspection, testing and commissioning
• Notification and handover - G98, G99
This course includes an end of session assessment
If you would like to enquire about any of our courses or ask us about our bespoke or inhouse training opportunities please complete our enquiry form, alternatively please call 0333 015 6626 to speak to a member of our sales team.
CPD Certificate - 7 Hours
EAL Solar PV