£246.48 (£285.48 inc VAT)
A one day course: Electrical Energy Storage - Fundamentals (EESS) plus IET Code of Practice for EESS 2nd Edition
No courses are available at this time. Please check back soon.
Save with our combined training and publication offers!
This bundle consists of our 7 hour CPD accredited course and the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems 2nd Edition.
This course has been designed to provide an introduction to Electrical Energy Storage Systems (EESS) and covers the installation of AC or DC coupled systems into low voltage installations. Such systems provide for the storage of electrical energy so that it can be used at a time when it is needed. This course covers the particular requirements of BS 7671 and reflects the guidance provided by the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is aimed at electricians, and those looking to gain a better understanding of Electrical Energy Storage Systems and the role they can play in supporting better use of energy.
This course explores the role of EESS in creating an ‘energy hub’ to allow users of installations to better manage energy usage within an installation. Installations with and without installed generation, for example Solar PV, are considered.
• The new landscape - Distributed generation and the ‘Prosumer’
• An overview of key safety considerations
• EESS components - An overview of EESS arrangements
• Design 1 - Considerations for system sizing
• Determining self-consumption of domestic solar PV installations - Installations with and without EESS
• Design 2 - Particular requirements of BS 7671 and IET CoP EESS
• Inspection, testing and commissioning
• Notification and handover - G98, G99
This course includes an end of session assessment
IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems 2nd Edition
This IET Code of Practice looks at EESS applications and provides information for practitioners to safely and effectively specify, design, install, commission, operate and maintain a system.
The scope of this IET Code of Practice includes EESS intended for fixed installation applications including:
• Individual dwellings
• Commercial applications, including multi-occupancy buildings and multi-occupancy residential buildings
• Industrial applications covering: electrochemical energy storage systems in electrical installations; integration into low voltage (LV) power systems (AC and DC) and systems aligned with existing standards, regulations and guidance.
This second edition of the Code of Practice builds on the first edition and provides the most up-to-date guidance to help support the growth of the electrical energy storage market. It has been updated to take account of developments in the industry, progress in standardization and address emerging technical challenges such as arc flash risk.
If you would like to enquire about any of our courses or ask us about our bespoke or inhouse training opportunities please complete our enquiry form, alternatively please call 0333 015 6626 to speak to a member of our sales team.
CPD Certificate - 7 Hours
EAL Solar PV ISBN (13 digits) 9781839530418