£596.48 (£705.48 inc VAT)
A bundle including Level 3 qualification in Electrical Energy Storage Systems and the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems 2nd Edition.
This course will be running across various locations and dates.
Choose from one of the 5 events with open places below.Choose a venue from the list below
Save with our combined training and publication offers!
This bundle consists of our Level 3 qualification in Electrical Energy Storage Systems and the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems 2nd Edition.
This qualification is designed to develop the skills and knowledge required for the safe design, installation, commissioning and handover of electrical energy storage systems (EESS). It reflects the guidance provided by the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems, together with the requirements of BS 7671.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This qualification is aimed at practicing electricians who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in the subject area and wish to use the qualification to progress to formal recognition of their competence via registration with an appropriate scheme. It is recognised by MCS.
Candidates must hold:
• An N/SVQ 3 in Electrical Installation or equivalent certification, and;
• A Level 3 Award to the current edition of BS 7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations (if not included in the above)
This qualification focuses upon the competencies required to install (including designing, and commissioning) electrical energy storage systems (EESS) for use in a domestic setting.
- The new landscape - Distributed generation and the ‘Prosumer’
- An overview of key safety considerations, legislation, and industry guidance
- The fundamental differences between AC and DC including voltage ranges, sources and specific risks
- EESS components – An overview of EESS arrangements
- How to specify an EESS – including considerations for system sizing
- Fundamental system design principles – including the requirements of BS 7671, and the IET CoP EESS
- Determining self-consumption of domestic solar PV installations - with and without EESS
- Inspection, testing and commissioning
- Notification and handover - G98, G99
This qualification includes:
- Multiple-choice on-screen exam (open book and invigilated), and;
- Practical assessment (assessed in simulated conditions).
- Please note the practical based assessment will be completed on a date arranged following the 2-day course
IET CODE OF PRACTICE FOR ELECTRICAL ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEMS 2ND EDITION
This IET Code of Practice looks at EESS applications and provides information for practitioners to safely and effectively specify, design, install, commission, operate and maintain a system.
The scope of this IET Code of Practice includes EESS intended for fixed installation applications including:
• Individual dwellings
• Commercial applications, including multi-occupancy buildings and multi-occupancy residential buildings
• Industrial applications covering: electrochemical energy storage systems in electrical installations; integration into low voltage (LV) power systems (AC and DC) and systems aligned with existing standards, regulations and guidance.
This second edition of the Code of Practice builds on the first edition and provides the most up-to-date guidance to help support the growth of the electrical energy storage market. It has been updated to take account of developments in the industry, progress in standardization and address emerging technical challenges such as arc flash risk.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our terms and conditions outline our cancellation and refund policy, please refer to these should you need to cancel or amend your booking.
On occasion we may need to cancel an assessment. In most cases we will give approximately 2 weeks' notice and offer an alternative date/location. Please consider this if booking travel/accommodation. We will not be liable for any loss of work or expenses incurred.
If you would like to enquire about any of our courses or ask us about our bespoke or inhouse training opportunities please complete our enquiry form, alternatively please call 0333 015 6626 to speak to a member of our sales team.
2 days + 1/2 day practical assessment time
EAL Accredited Certificate ISBN (13 digits) 9781839530418 Related Courses Level 3 Award in the installation of Small-Scale PV Systems