£195.00 (£234.00 inc VAT)
This 1 day course covers knowledge of the applicable Water Supply (Water Fitting) Regulations
This course will be running across various locations and dates.
Choose from one of the 3 events with open places below.Choose a venue from the list below
This 1 day course covers knowledge of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 (England and Wales), the Water Supply (Water Fittings) (Scotland) Byelaws 2014 and the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 2009 (Northern Ireland).
This course provides one of the elements required to support you in applying for one of the approved contractor schemes that make up WaterSafe.
It may also be required as a pre-requisite for other water related courses.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Individuals who are looking to join one of the approved contractor schemes that make up WaterSafe and for
plumbing/heating engineers involved in the installation, commissioning, service and repair of hot water systems, solar
thermal hot water systems or air/ground source heat pumps.
Candidates need to hold one or more of the following:
• An appropriate NVQ/SNVQ
• An appropriate industry registration scheme such as Gas Safe Registration or OFTEC.
• At least two years industry experience of installation of domestic heating and hot water systems currently un-certificated skills equivalent NVQ/SNVQ Level 3
• At least two years industry experience of design and advice services of domestic heating and hot water systems at NVQ/SNVQ Level 3 or equivalent
Successful candidates will receive a certificate of competence in compliance with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 (England and Wales) and the Water Supply (Water Fittings) (Scotland) Byelaws 2014.
This is a knowledge based course covering:
• Water Regulations/Byelaws applying to England & Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
• Fluid categories
• Materials and substances in contact with water
• Requirements for water fittings
• Design and installation requirements for water systems
• Requirements to prevent cross connection to unwholesome water
• Requirements for backflow prevention
• Requirements for hot and cold water services
• Installation requirements for WCs, flushing devices and urinals
• Location and installation requirements for the types of bath, sink, showers and taps
• Consumption limitations for washing machines, dishwashers and other appliances
• Requirements for water supplied for outside use
• Requirements for hygienic work practices
• Legislation surrounding the installation of supply pipes
• How to become a WaterSafe Approved Contractor
Assessment by a multiple choice question paper will follow the training elements of this course
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Our terms and conditions outline our cancellation and refund policy, please refer to these should you need to cancel or amend your booking.
On occasion we may need to cancel an assessment. In most cases we will give approximately 2 weeks' notice and offer an alternative date/location. Please consider this if booking travel/accommodation. We will not be liable for any loss of work or expenses incurred.
If you would like to enquire about any of our courses or ask us about our bespoke or inhouse training opportunities please complete our enquiry form, alternatively please call 0333 015 6626 to speak to a member of our sales team.
NICEIC Certification Accredited Certificate Related Courses Domestic Unvented Hot Water